Thursday, October 8

I Love to Create - Wee Witch Shrine




I have had this little wooden Crafty Chica shrine sitting on my shelf for quite some time. From time to time I would glance over at the wooden frame thinking one day the perfect project would come to me and today it did. I am currently seeing the world through orange and black colored glasses with Halloween just around the corner so today when I looked at the little shrine I saw the silhouette of a haunted house. My friend Vickie Howell had just used Tallulah as a model for her PBS article so I thought for I Love to Create I would create my own little Wee Witch Shrine.


SUPPLIES
Liquid Fusion Glue
Crafty Chica Little Paint Pack
Decorative Ribbon & Trim
Hambly Home Decor Overlay
Aleene’s Glue Gun
Paint Brush
Googly Eyes
Picture
Scissors
Crafty Chica Wood Frame
Extra Embellishments


SHRINE ON
First things first I needed to paint my shrine. I used my Crafty Chica paint pack and mixed colors when I had to like for instance to get orange. I used a trick Kathy Cano Murillo herself taught me on an episode of Craft Lab to achieve the polka dotted legs. Dip the end of your paintbrush into the paint and use it to make dots.


ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Using various glues I attached rickrack and ribbon to my shrine. I also traced a Hambly Overlay into the shape of my shrine and cut out with scissors. I brushed a thin layer of Liquid Fusion glue onto the painted shrine and attached the overlay.


FINISHING TOUCHES
Using my glue I added a few little last minute embellishments to the shrine like vintage plastic flowers, googly eyes and a witch sitting on a crescent moon cabochon. All that was left to do was frame my picture and set the shrine on a shelf. Buddha is borrowing Tallulah’s witch hat until Halloween.


Be sure to check out all our Halloween blog posts and take a look at our Halloween Videos for HGTV for added inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close