Friday, March 12

30 Days of Glitter: Glitter-in-a-Bottle Keychain


Today's project is all about making the most of the odds and ends in your art room. Once I cleaned out all my extras, I realized that I could put them all together to make something functional!

I picked up some blank dog tags. I glued down scraps of paper on them and then a picture, and then painted on accents, added micro stars, and glitter. Yes, even in the tiny space of a dog tag, you can cram in all those elements! I covered each one in resin (you can also use Crafty Chica™ Glossy Gloss Varnish™ ).

And then I took some mini-bottles, filled them with Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™ , attached a chain, added word beads and charms and some old-fashioned key rings. Now that I look at the picture, I think it would have been cool to add a bit of yarn too!

As far as the glitter in the little bottle...just think - you will have (contained) sparkle with you where ever you go! I actually glued the lid down. That way I can tell people "In case of emergency, break bottle of glitter!"

Supplies:

Keyring
Decorated dog tag, or another large picture charm of some sort.
2" of chain
mini-bottle filled with Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™ (add a bit of glue inside the rim to hold it tight)
Eye pins
Beads
Needle nose pliers
Jump rings

Directions: Attach the dog tag. Attach the bottle to the chain, and add that to the keyring. Put the beads on the eye pin and use jump ring to attach!

Peace, love, and glitter!
Kathy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close