Thursday, September 23

Sweater Clips



After last week's I Love to Create post about monogrammed sweaters I thought it was only appropriate to follow up this week with another cardigan accessory, sweater clips! Antiquated to some, but to others the ultimate way to sass-a-fy your sweater set.


PINK FOREST FRIENDS SWEATER CLIPS
Supplies

Fabric
Felt
Sweater Clips
Fabric Fusion Glue
Scissors


Just because I used a forest friends fabric does not mean you have to. Take a stroll through the fabric aisle and see if something else with graphic images catches your eye. I chose a pink fox and porcupine to use for my sweater clips. I roughly cut them out and using Fabric Fusion Glue adhered them to a piece of stiff black felt. Allow the fabric and felt to dry completely.


When the glue is dry cut out your images. Gluing the fabric to the felt should help prevent fraying. Glue your fabric graphics to your sweater clips. These little babies are not only cute, but they keep your cardigan together.

Let's make another pair out of felt!


NESTING DOLLS SWEATER CLIPS
Supplies

Felt
Scissors
Fabric Fusion Glue
Sweater Clips


Again nothing says you have to make Russian Nesting Doll Sweater Clips, use your imagination and create something else. The felt possibilities are endless. I have made felt sweater clips that were telephones, lipstick and cute little faces and hearts. Cut out your shapes, glue them together, attach them to your sweater clips and presto magic!

In case you are feeling inspired I thought I would show you a few other sweater clip examples. Wondering where the heck to get sweater clips? Well you can easily make your own with alligator clips and chain or you can find some ready made ones in my Etsy store!



Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!

1 comment:

Jim Rhodes said...

You have a great site for sure. I won't miss your next giveaway. I love it.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close