Tuesday, June 14

sparkly market tote

IMG_7182
You can never have enough tote bags on hand and recently I made a few little stylish market totes that I can take to the grocery store or farmers market.


IMG_7156
To start I used a new product from ilovetocreate called Tulip Fashion Glitter Shimmer Transfer Sheets. It is a like a sheet of glitter (but without the mess) that can cut into shapes and letters and then iron onto fabric. WAY easier than using glitter :)


IMG_6209
I knew that I wanted to created doily inspired shapes from my shimmer sheets so I start by folding my sheet- corner over.


IMG_6210
I trimmed the excess and was left with a triangle.


IMG_6211
Then I folded it over again


IMG_6212
and again.


IMG_6213
Next I cut the outside edge with a curve


IMG_6214
and then I went to town cutting out little shapes...think cutting paper snowflakes.


IMG_6216
The result is a lovely piece of shimmer paper.

IMG_6218
Next I peeled off the protective piece of plastic


IMG_6219
and placed it onto the surface of a blank tote.


IMG_6241
Using a press cloth I ironed town the shimmer sheet.


IMG_6223
and removed the press cloth.


IMG_6225
I decided to use some of the little hearts leftover and ironed them around the outside of the design.


IMG_6226
Of course I couldn't just keep it simple and I decided to add some little embellishments with Beads in a Bottle- another super cool product (a little like 3-d paint but hardens up like beads once dry).


IMG_6227
I added little embellishments to the surface of my design.


IMG_6240

IMG_6232
IMG_7182
Of course I couldn't just make one so I made one in turquoise


IMG_7171
IMG_7184
and one in hot pink.


IMG_7173
IMG_7174
IMG_6238
And now I have a great little collection of sparkly market bags!


alisa-burke

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close