Tuesday, August 2

DIY Business Cards

I've meaning to make some business cards for my blog for quite a while now.  That way if it happens to come up in a conversation, I don't have to hope the other person can remember my ridiculously long blog address and spell "Momma" the same way I do.  Handing someone a card is a lot easier. 
However, I didn't want to spend money on professional cards.  They get cheaper if you print thousands, but I don't need that many.  (I made that mistake once already when my sister and I started our headband business.  We're done with it and still have tons of cards.)  Here's what I came up with.


So, here's what I did.  I got on Picnik and created a layout I liked.  A business card is typically 3.5"x2", so you want to make sure you use that ratio in your design.  (If you're not sure how to create a design there you can find my tutorial on creating printables HERE.)  Once I had it all set I imported the jpeg file to Works.  (Any word processing program has a business card layout and it's usually located under the create labels section.) 


I am super cheap and I hate using all the colored ink in my printer.  I also don't think it prints out that nicely, so I decided to print the card on bright yellow cardstock instead.  Then I cut them out.
To add a little more interest I got out my Scribbles dimensional fabric paint.  You can use it on all sorts of projects.
I filled in the star with the paint.  It gave the cards a fun, unique look.


I experimented with other colors on the star as well.  They were fun and easy to make.  They still have a professional look and a pop of color, but without paying for it.


And now I don't have to scrounge around for a napkin or something to write my blog address on.


7 comments:

Whitney said...

Cute cards! I've made business cards for years for my etsy stores, but need to make some for my youTube channel :)

Muhammad Ashfaq said...

this cards blog are fascinating and art work done at extream points with expertises.
Plastic Cards
Scratch Card printing

Zafran ali said...

I need to make some for my business :)
Plastic Cards Printing
Clear Cards
Plastic business cards

Anonymous said...

Wow! that star look great . the superstar i like have like that card.


Clear business cards

Anonymous said...

The work looks as a art work done at ext-ream points with expertise's.....
discount card printing
custom gift cards
plastic card
Scratch Card

sample visiting cards said...

Different styles are available here which ever you like you can make it your own only by making some variations. Free business card templates are placed here for the convenience of the people.

omar said...

Furthermore you can find other kinds that are ready coming from plastic,
Plastic business cards material solid wood and PVC. Certainly though, your plastic-type enterprise minute card would be the many authentic of them just about all.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close