Tuesday, September 6

I have a nephew who absolutely LOVES monkeys.  I couldn't find the cool Paul Frank shirts in his size at the time so I thought I'd make him one instead.  I also thought the monkey needed some wild shades.


Here's how it went down.  I printed out the monkey and did a freezer paper stencil.  If you've never tried it before you can watch my video tutorial HERE to learn how.  I used my Tulip soft fabric paint.



I was torn between adding giant googley eyes and reflective sunglasses.  The sunglasses won.  I used this super cool new product - Aleene's peel and stick sheets.  It's basically like fabric glue without the mess.


I cut out some shades the right size on paper.  Then I traced that pattern onto the sticky sheet, which has paper on both sides with the glue in between.  I peeled up one side and stuck it to this reflective fabric I had leftover from making superhero capes.  Then I trimmed the fabric to match, peeled off the backing on the other side and stuck it to the shirt.  That's it!  You don't even have to iron it.  It seriously works too.  The shirts been washed several times and the glasses are still on.  I was really excited because this fabric isn't an easy one to sew.


Now my nephew has a shirt in his size with the crazy monkey to fit his goofy personality.


Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close