Wednesday, November 30

Studded Shoe DIY by Guest Blogger Kristen Turner


Editors note: We are so excited to have Kristen Turner of Glitter 'N Glue as an iLoveToCreate guest blogger.  If you don't know Kristen already, we suggest you get in the know!  As an L.A. stylist by day, and a fashion blogger by night, she's making waves in the fashion blogosphere with easy DIYs on a dime.  She has recently been featured on NBC's Today Show and has also showcased DIY projects on E! News. You can also find her in feature on top fashion sites like Refinery29, MyStyle, and Broke Girl's Guide. She's definitely one to watch!

I know for some of my reader the leaves are changing, the air is getting colder or maybe you’ve already had your first snow. Well, here in LA we’re now only reaching a daily high of about 60 -65 which means it’s officially winter. Ok I’m exaggerating a little but it is time for me to put away the sandals and pull out the flats. Which reminds me, my current wardrobe is lacking in the flats department because last season I ruined my favorite pair.

Louboutin’s Candy studded flat.
This was actually the first pair of Loubous that I ever bought. I ate noodles for weeks to pay for them. I’ll spare you guys the gruesome picture of my flats in their current state, but just so you know there’s a whole in the bottom of one of the shoes. And I’ve already had them resoled twice :-(.

Dum dum dum dummmm…Beads In A Bottle to the rescue! At last years Craft And Hobby Association Conference I stopped by the I Love To Create booth and was introduced to the Tulip’s Beads In A Bottle! (For those of you who don’t know, CHA is a convention where craft bands unveil their latest and greatest products for the new year. It’s serious business.)  A few months later they finally hit the shelves at Michael’s and I scooped up one in every color. I’ve been holding on to them all year, until now…

The Beads In A Bottle are amazing because after they dry they look like studs. Have you guys ever added studs to an article of clothing? I break out in a sweat! #TooMuchWork

I was trying to recreate the look of my precious Louboutin’s…

but ended up completely covered the toe and the heel of my flats with beads for an undated variation.

I’m so excited about my new “studded” flats!


Visit us on Facebook!

Craft on!

1 comment:

Jenn @My Southwestern Life said...

These are too cool! From a distance, the "studs" really look like they're metal.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close