Monday, April 23

Funky Fashion Goddess Frame



I absolutely love all of the color blocking and animal prints being used in todays fashion. From clothes to home decor you can find these two ideas in all of the trendy stores and  magazines. I was so inspired that I thought I would include them in my Mothers Day project exclusively for ILOVETOCREATE readers. This Funky Fashion Goddess Frame is a take on creating with paper dolls. In this case I used my NEW Jewel Goddess dies from Spellbinders along with my most favorite ILOVETOCREATE products. This is a great Mommy and Me project for all Creative Souls!


Supplies
Aleenes Super Thick Tacky Glue 
Aleenes Hook and Loop Tacky Tape 
Tulip Glitter Silver Fine Jewel 23550
Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond 
Tulip Cordless Heat Setting Tool 
Tulip Glam-It-Up! Fashion Art Tweezers  ”SUPER LOVE” these!
Tulip Iron On Crystals 300 Clear Pack 23123 and Red 25621 
Tulip Glam-It-Up! PDA: Personal Dazzle Assistance Clear Red Black 26637



Zebra, Cheetah Felt, Craft Foil and Recycled Denim ( Repurpose: I used an old pair of denim jeans to cut my Goddess from)
Spellbinders Dies Jewel Goddess, Jewel Stones & Jewel Keys by Julianna Hudgins
Artistic Wire 18G Non Tarnish Silver, Black and Red  
Beadalon Wire Cutters, Round Nose Pliers and Deluxe Coiling Gizmo


1. Using your Spellbinders Grand Caliber Die Cutting machine, cut out one Large Jewel Goddess from Denim, two small Jewel Goddess’s from Zebra felt, one round Jewel Stone and the word Love from the Jewel Keys out of craft foil. Note: Set one small goddess cut from zebra felt to the side.

2. Embellish all pieces using the Tulip Cordless Heat Setting Tool, Clear and Red Crystals, Silver Glitter and PDA crystal strips in Clear and Black.

3. For added dimension I repurposed the filler that comes in your vitamin jar (professional term, batting) to the back of my small goddess and then covered it with my second zebra cut goddess with Aleene’s Thick Tacky Glue.

4. Adhere Cheetah Felt to Acrylic frame using Aleene’s Thick Tacky Glue.

5. Adhere Aleene’s Hook and Loop to backs of large and small Jewel Goddess’s and attach to frame. This will allow you to switch out the Goddess’s for future “Funky Fashion” Paper Doll ideas!

6. To create the look of Tattooed Swirls I used my Deluxe Coiling Gizmo from Beadalon and Artistic Wire. Here’s a link from the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show July 2011 courtesy of www.cool2craft.com on How to Create Funky Wire Beads.

7. Attach finished wire beads using Aleene’s Thick Tacky Glue.


Visit us on Facebook!

Craft on!

1 comment:

Jim Rhodes said...

You have a great and helpful site. I love reading your posts. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close