Monday, February 18

Make a Louis Vuitton Inspired Decoupage Purse


It's a Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod World Louis Vuitton Inspired Decoupage Purse
Margot Potter for iLovetoCreate

What's a fashionista with a thrift shop budget to do when the purse she covets is entirely out of her reach?  Whip up her own version, that's what!  I have always loved the fashion of the early 1960s.  Louis Vuitton has dished up some absolutely fabulous black and white mod inspired fashion this season and I've had my eye on this fabby little bag in yellow.  A little wooden box purse for $7.99, some yellow paint, patterned scrapbook paper, decoupage medium and two coats of Aleene's spray sealer and for well under $15.00, I feel like a million bucks!  And you can too!  Here's how I made my Louis Vuitton Inspired It's a Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod World Decoupage Purse.

Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013






You'll need to pick up a wooden purse and the following ingredients:

Black and white patterned scrapbook paper
Crafty Chica Little Paints in Yellow
Aleene's Collage Pauge Glossy
Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer


You'll need to gather up these tools:
Fine grit sand paper
Small screw driver
Tulip Foam brushes


Remove the hardware, sand purse with a fine grit sandpaper.

 Paint the purse, at least three if not four coats, you want a nice even coverage.

You can use a real flower silhouette, or draw your own.  I drew mine, cut it out and traced it on the back
 of my patterned paper.  This leaves me with a template I can use again!  


Use your foam brush to add decoupage medium to back of flower and purse, decoupage.  Allow to dry, add a second layer.  DO NOT WORRY ABOUT BUBBLES.  Smooth any bubbles with a wet finger and then walk away.  Trust me.  Add two layers of spray sealer  for a glossy finish allowing them to dry in between coats.  Put purse back together and go be fabulous!


2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I saw this purse in an ad last night...I really liked the original!!!
"nice take on this RENDITION!!!!"

Margot Potter said...

I am beyond smitten with this collection! Thank you!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close