Wednesday, October 15

American Horror Story Face Paint Tutorial

(I will tell you that I did not have black contacts in my model's eyes, however I did photoshop the black for picture purposes)

It's almost Halloween and you know what that means!!! Time to get into the character we all love or dream of being. I can't say I dream of being this particular character from American Horror Story BUT... I will say I am addicted to the show and since the new season just started I wanted to show a little love. There was always something about this image that got my attention. Maybe it is the fact that she is all in white minus her "soul-less" black eyes. I had so much fun creating this face paint tutorial and I know you will too! Let's get started! 

You will need: White Face Paint | Face Paint Brushes | Black Face Paint | Crafty Chica Face Paint Set | Tulip Body Art Sponges

I am using the body art face paint in white to start. This paint will need a little bit of water to loosen the paint. FYI: It does not need a lot of water!
 
Grab your large body art brush. If you don't have one you can use a sponge. 
 
Start applying the white paint to the face. If you don't have the palette of white face paint like I do in the picture you can use the liquid. I like the round palette so I am using that one. 
 
 Apply an even coat all over the face then let it dry. Once it is completely dry (doesn't take long) apply another coat. 
Once you are done you will take a small face brush and apply the black liquid paint directly under the eyes. We want it to look like it's dripping down the face so don't brush it on. Apply thick sections slowly working your way down each drip. 
 This is the paint I used under the eyes. 
 I am already in love with this look! Kinda creepy cool!
 I used a pillow case for the head wrap. Simply cut all the sides to create one large sheet of white fabric then you will drape it over the head. It's also important to cover the neck. A white turtle neck would work however I just used a white t-shirt. 
This is what it will look like without adding the black eyes! 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I can't wait to see what you create for Halloween! Don't forget to tag us with #ilovetocreate on any social media site!

  Huge glittery hugs, JADERBOMB
—See you in the next post! Visit me on FacebookTwitter,Pinterest, or Instagram!

1 comment:

Royal Hone King Vip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close