Thursday, October 23

No Sew Bat Costume For Halloween

When I asked my son Baxter what he wanted to be for Halloween without hesitation he responded "bat". I thought that this should be an easy costume to pick up at the store and could be quickly checked off my list. I thought wrong. After searching at several different stores I quickly realized that if Baxter was going to be a bat, it was up to me to make it happen.

SUPPLIES
– Aleene's Fabric Fusion Glue
– Long sleeve black T-shirt for a child
– Large adult black T-shirt
–Scissors
– Black sweat pants
My lovely friend Dian of Hey Muchacha was sweet enough to come over and help me with things last week as I prepared for my 6th annual Halloween party. One of the things she helped with was this adorable (and easy) costume. The first thing she did was draw a bat wing with chalk on the large adult black shirt.
After the bat wings were cut out they were positioned on the backs of the long sleeved children's shirt.
Using Fabric Fusion Glue the wings were attached to the sleeves and tacked to the back of the child's shirt. You want to make sure when you attach the wings that the child will have a full range of motion with their arms.
I would say enough range to climb a tree is plenty. He loves his costume, now only if I can get him to wear his mask on Halloween!
He wore the mask to the Halloween party (picture by Jennifer Ramos) so there is hope yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close