Wednesday, August 19

Cute as a Button Frame!


I'm a quirky gal. It's who I am; it's what I do. So, it will probably be no surprise that I'm also a big fan of coordinating my frames with my photos. The challenge being however, that I can't always find a frame to fit my photographic whim or if I can, they're often not in my price range.

This was the conundrum of displaying a shot taken of my daughter Clover (when she was weeks old) and Jennifer Perkins' daughter Talullah (at 4 1/2 months), wearing matching outfits made by Jen's mom. Because the outfits themselves are adorably kitschy and the photo would likely live in Clover's room, I wanted something that would both coordinate and exude the playfulness of our wee, little lasses. Thankfully, with a plain frame and a few mainstay craft supplies, the task at hand was an easy one! Here's how I did it and how you can make your own version to match your mood...or your photograph!


Materials
Flat Front Frame
Assorted Buttons
Craft Paint
Sponge Brushes

How-To

  • Choose an aspect of your photo that you'd like to match colors with. It could be the blue of an ocean, the golden tones in a subject's blond hair or, like in my picture, the orange & lavender from two little cutie pies' outfits.
  • Go through your button stash and choose coordinating shades. I dig the eclectic look of varying shapes and styles, but you could also go more uniform by using just one shape or color of button. Set buttons aside.
  • Remove the back and glass from frame. Paint frame with desired color. Depending on the surface of your frame, you'll likely need to either use a primer, lightly sand or, just use several coats of craft paint. Let dry.
  • Paint on Glossy Gloss Varnish to five the frame front a more finished look. Let dry.

  • Decide what pattern you'd like your buttons to be in on your frame. Use Liquid Fusion to glue buttons down. Let dry overnight.
That's all there is to it. A cute-as-a-button, customized frame to match your sweetest of memories!

Craft.Rock.Love,

Like this post? See more I Love to Create projects here!

Vickie Howell's a designer, writer and crafty spokesperson.  Learn more about her books, videos and other projects at: www.vickiehowell.com!

1 comment:

Jim Rhodes said...

Well, that makes sense. I really like your photos. And you will like this https://resumecvwriter.com/blog/cover-letter-template site. Check it out.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close