Tuesday, August 4
Make your own tie dyed Senior Tee!
Why buy a Senior shirt with a lame design when you can make your own totally cool one with colorful tie dye and bling?
Here's how you do it!
Super Cool Back to School Tee
– Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™ in Black & Red
– Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
– Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
– Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ (23123 300 Clear Pack)
Computer and printer
Plastic tablecloth/trash bag
Jerzees T-shirt – 100% cotton – white
1. Prewash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth or trash bag. Lay damp T-shirt on prepared surface.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottles to lines indicated. Replace caps tightly and shake bottles until dye is dissolved.
4. Squeeze Black dye onto top right corner of the T-shirt in a random, jagged pattern. Refer to photo.
5. Squeeze out Red dye onto remaining portion of T-shirt, completely covering the white.
6. Cover T-shirt with plastic tablecloth or trash bag and let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap then dry in dryer.
7. Use a computer to type and print out the word “SENIORS 10” in your favorite font. Flip paper over and trace lines with chalk pencil. Position paper chalk side down onto tee and rub hands over paper, transferring word in chalk onto shirt. Remove paper.
8. Use Fashion Art Tweezers™ to fill in “SENIORS 10” with Clear Iron-On Crystals™. Adhere crystals to shirt with Cordless Heat-Setting Tool™ following package instructions.
P.S. If you follow our blog, you will notice that our model is Chloe, our copywriter!