Tuesday, March 9
These shoes are so In The City! Spice up your footwear with the help of Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion™ and step from basic to oh so sexy!
– Aleene's® Fabric Fusion™ Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive™
– Wire edge ribbon, 1½” wide, 4 yds
– Ribbon, 3/8” wide, ½ yd, coordinating color
– Low-tack masking tape
1. Cut wire edge ribbon into 2 yd lengths. Cut 8” from each length. Set aside.
2. Pinch wire edge ribbon with between forefinger and thumb, 6” from one end. Form a less than 2” long loop from long section of ribbon. Add loop to pinched ribbon. Create another loop on other side. Add to pinched ribbon. Continue adding loops, making each set of loops slightly longer. Knot 8” length of ribbon around center of bow at pinched section. Trim end of ribbon into “V”.
3. Determine placement of bow on heel of shoe. Use pushpin to lightly score area. Apply a dot of Fabric Fusion to back of center of bow. Press onto scored area. Secure with masking tape until dry.
4. Cut a length of 3/8” wide ribbon to fit across toe of each shoe. Working in a small section at a time, apply a thin bead of glue to back of ribbon. Smooth glue to edges of ribbon, using finger. Glue ribbon across toe of shoe as desired, trimming ends to fit next to sole of shoe. Secure with tape until dry. Carefully remove tape.