Thursday, March 25
Little Red Classic Plate
Turn a classic flower into modern art with the Duncan® Oh Four™ Coupe Dinner Plate! Whether you’re looking for a vibrant table setting or standout wall décor, your piece will blossom to life with Neon Envision® Glazes.
– Dinnerware Bisque Designs
21426 Coupe Dinner Plate 11" x 11" x 1.5"
– Signature Brushes
SB 803 No. 4 Liner
SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
SB 812 No. 10 Round
– Envision® Glazes
IN 1026 Very Black
IN 1075 Cobalt Blue
IN1206 Neon Red
– Foil or paint palette
– Container for water
– Graphite paper
– Potter’s sponge
– Paper towels
– pattern (click on this page and scroll down in materials list for pattern link)
1. Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Enlarge pattern to size of plate. Lay graphite paper between plate and pattern and trace over lines with pencil, transferring design onto plate.
3. Pour a puddle of Cobalt Blue onto foil or palette.
4. Using the No. 4 Liner, brush two coats around the outside of the petal lines to create shading, letting dry between coats. Refer to photo. Let dry.
5. Pour a puddle of Neon Red onto foil and using the No. 10 Round, apply one coat of Neon Red on each petal, gently brushing over the Cobalt Blue shading. Let dry then apply two more coats over remainder of petals (avoiding Cobalt Blue), letting dry between coats. Let dry.
6. Pour a small puddle of Black on foil and using Liner, add thin lines around petals to define. Paint in edge of plate where outer petals meet with Black. Apply three coats, letting dry between each. Let dry.
7. Apply three coats of Neon Red to back of plate, letting dry between coats.
8. Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.