Thursday, August 5

Polka Dotted Paper Parasol



Some people are summer sun worshipers, other ghostly white people like myself tend to hide in the shade. There is no reason that your shade should be boring and lame. Customize a plain paper parasol to make all those savage tan people green with envy.


Supplies
Paper Parasol
Decorative Paper
Paper Punches
Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage Medium


Punch Paper
Some of my favorite decorative paper of all time is the wonderful collage work of Traci Bautista. I've used it to make art and jewelry so why not an umbrella. Using various size paper punches make a pile o' polka dots. You can get old school and trace coins and cups and cut them out with scissors too.


Collage
Once you have as many circles as you are going to need apply the dots to your paper parasol using Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage Medium. Allow to dry completely.


Made in the Shade
All that is left to do is take your umbrella out for a spin on a sunny day. Think of using fabric on a regular umbrella with a little Fabric Fusion Glue. I'm dreaming about how to make paper ball fringe to add to the edge of my parasol, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is so cute. I am like you, I burn walking from the car to the back door!

Meghan said...

How cha cha!
Love it.

Anonymous said...

Can the parasol still close shut after the decoupage?

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close