Thursday, September 2

Mural Making with the Perkins Sisters



I just spent the last 3 days doing the best job ever! I got to hang out with my sister, I got to stay in a fancy hotel and I got to color in the lines of a giant fantabulous coloring book! My sister Hope and I were lucky enough to fly to Dallas and hang out with the rad folks of I Love to Create at the Michaels 2010 Leadership Conference & Holiday Showcase. Store managers from Michaels stores across the land gathered in Dallas to learn hands on about all the fun craft products in their stores. Hope and I were in charge of painting a huge mural on the back wall of the booth. When we arrived on Monday the wall was a huge piece of blank white canvas & an arsenal of I Love to Create goodies to play with - AKA pure crafty heaven.





Hope was the mastermind behind our mural doing all of the drawing. My job was to go around and color in her gorgeous illustrations.



We used everything from the I Love to Create line we could get our hot little hands on. We used Phat Markers, Tulip Fabric Paints, Aleene's Tacky Glue, Tulip Fabric Sprays, Scribbles Paints and more.




We embellished our portrait with paper flowers using Aleene's Acid Free Tacky Glue, stencils from the new graffiti line, Tulip Fashion Glitter and Tulip Glam It Up Crystals.


All our crafty work paid off as I Love to Create was given the award of most creative booth! Good choice Michaels if I do say so myself. Wanna see more pictures of our mural painting adventures and the rest of the I Love to Create booth? Check out my pictures on Flickr.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ladies, you 2 are GREAT just love it all

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close