Give the chef in your family the gift of picking out new kitchen goodies! Dress up her gift card in a felt and gingham apron with a little assistance from Aleene’s® Fast Grab Tacky Glue™.
- Aleene's® Fast Grab™ Tacky Glue
- Felt Squares – red
- White chalk sharpened to a point
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Sewing pins
- Paper towels
- Needle and thread
- Rick rack - medium size – 12” – turquoise
- Fabric – scrap – red gingham
Instructions1. Cut red felt. Sew on three sides to create pocket.3. Cut out dip in top layer if desired when finished.
2. Sew a ¼” seam then trim to a scant 1/8”
4. Cut a 10” x 3” strip from gingham fabric. To create hem, apply a thin bead of glue along one long side, fold over about ¼” or so then repeat step with ends.
5. Pin pocket pattern on fabric on bias and cut out.6. Glue rick-rack just up from hem along bottom folding about 1” to back at ends, then along top of pocket cutting excess of at sides.7. Glue pocket into place. Add a dot in center of pocket then use fingers to smooth to edges. Press in place.8. Use needle and thread to gather top edge pulling tightly to fit across top as shown. Knot thread at end to secure then glue in place.9. Glue ribbon in place, covering stitching and meeting ends at back.10. Tie a small bow from ribbon, trim ends then glue in place.
FREE SHIPPING through December 13, 2010. Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!