Give the shopaholic on your list the joy of shopping for themselves! They’ll be delighted to see a gift card waiting under the tree in this happy-go-lucky holder made with colorful felt, Aleene’s Fabric Fusion® and Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
26516 Lectric Lime 65010 Pink 65049 Orange
- Needle and thread
- White chalk sharpened to a point
- Felt Squares – turquoise, lime, orange, fuchsia
- Sewing pins
- Paper towels
- Sewing machine with matching thread
Instructions1. Cut lime and turquoise felt. Layer and sew lime and turquoise felt horizontally. Sew on three sides to create pocket.2. The front section can be cut slightly shorter on one side so back color shows.3. Sew a ¼” seam then trim to a scant 1/8”4. Cut out dip in top layer if desired when finished.
5. Pin patterns, cut out then glue letters into place. White chalk can be used to draw patterns onto felt if needed. Brush off excess chalk after glue is thoroughly dry.6. Test flow of 3D Fashion Paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Detail with Pink, Lectric Lime and Orange paint. Keep tip of paint bottle wiped with paper towels for clean lines.7. Let dry.
FREE SHIPPING through December 13, 2010. Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!