Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
Combine cinnamon, applesauce and Aleene's Original Tacky Glue to create this one of a kind holiday ornaments.
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
65000 White 65032 Leaf Green 65141 Bright Red
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
26592 AB Crystal
- Wire Rack
- Plastic Food Wrap
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Cutters
- Ribbon, to Hang Ornaments
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
- Paper Towels
- Rolling Pin
- Drinking Straw
InstructionsRecipe:1 cup cinnamon
1 tablespoon cloves
1 tablespoon nutmeg
¾ cup applesauce, drained
2 tbsp glue
1. Combine cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add applesauce and glue. Mix well with hands until mixture is smooth and well combined.
2. Place wax paper down onto work surface.
3. Roll one quarter of dough between two pieces of wax paper until about ¼” thick.
4. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters, etc.
5. Cut holes for hanging using straw or similar object.
6. Dry on wire rack for several days, turning daily to keep from curling. Option - dry in a 250 degree F oven until hard.
7. For stones, squeeze out a dot of Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint slightly smaller than size of stone. Place stone into paint and gently press so paint comes up and around stone.
8. Refer to photo when decorating ornaments. Start flow of paint on a paper towel, applying an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Create polka dots or lines using different colors. Let dry completely.
9. Cut ribbon to desired length. Run through hole and knot at end of ribbon.
Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!