- Tulip® Sticky Fabric Stencils™
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
BI15786 Sunshine Yellow
- Cosmetic sponge
- Hole punch, small
- Paper towels
- Low tack masking tape
- Stiff felt, kelly green, yellow, 12”x18” each
- Paper, 8”x10”
- Heavy book
- Clear acetate sheet, 5” x7”
- Craft knife
- Natural leaf, approx. 1¼” x 3”
- Cord, 1 yd, color of choice
- Draw a 3½”x10” shape onto Kelly green felt. Cut out.
- Carefully fold in half to make a 3½”x5” piece. Make crease at fold. Open up. Lay flat onto work surface.
- Draw a 2”x3” rectangle onto paper. Cut out for template for pouch window. Center shape onto one end of felt piece 1” from top. Trace. Carefully cut out, using scissors or craft knife with adult supervision.
- Draw 2¾”x4” rectangle onto yellow felt. Cut out. Draw 2¼”x ½” rectangle onto acetate. Cut out.
- Make sure leaf is dry. Place between layers of paper towel. Press inside a heavy book to flatten.
- Center leaf onto yellow rectangle. Lightly glue edges into place, using Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue.
- Carefully draw a fine line of glue around opening for window, ¼” from edges. Lay acetate over window. Press gently to adhere.
- Center leaf onto inside of window. Glue edges of yellow felt onto green felt. Secure edges, using masking tape.
- Arrange stencils to spell name, making sure name will be upright and on outside when pouch is folded. Apply masking tape to frame outside edges of stencils to keep paint from getting outside stencil.
- Shake bottle of paint well. Pour a puddle of Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™ Sunshine Yellow onto foil. Dab cosmetic sponge into paint. Dab excess paint onto foil. Sponge paint into stencil openings. Let dry. Apply another coat of paint. Let dry. Remove stencil and tape.
- Fold pouch at crease, making sure leaf and name are on outside. Draw a dot ¼” from upper and lower edges along each side. Draw a dot at center, between dots. Repeat drawing dots centered between dots until there are nine dots along each edge. Draw four dots along folded edge. Punch a hole at each dot, punching through both layers.
- Apply tape to end of cord. Weave cord through holes, centering pouch on cord. Knot ends together.
Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!