Tuesday, January 4

Scrap Album for Valentine's Day

This is Cheri from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar and today we're going to kill two birds with one stone.  We're going to make a fun keepsake album and use up tons of scraps you have around the house.  I made mine a Valentine's album, but you can pick any theme or idea to base it on. 


I started by cutting 6 pieces of felt into 7" squares.


Then, I decorated each one as a page in the album.  I used Aleene's Fabric Fusion, which is perfect for this project.  It adheres the materials well and doesn't have the heavy bulk of hot glue.


Each page is different.  On some I cut out existing graphics from fabrics and glued them down.  I added whatever I thought looked pretty and meaningful - buttons, lace, the dictionary definition of love, fabric flowers.


The Fabric Fusion is also great for the rolled rosettes. Just cut a thin strip of felt, roll it up, and then glue the end. Then glue them in a cluster.




I did a bit of sewing on some of the pages, because I liked the look of stitches, but you really could do the whole album with just glue if you don't sew.


I made a page with room to tuck in a love note.


Lastly, the cover is decorated with cut out hearts and a little hand-embroidering.


If you are sewing on the pages, once they are all decorated you can sew them together to conceal your stitching on the back.  If you are only using glue, then you can use the front and back of each felt page.  To bind the book, just make a tiny slit into the felt with a crafting knife.  Do this in two spots on each pages and then use two metal rings to connect them like a binder.  That way you can add and remove pages as you like.  (Sorry, no picture.  I still have to purchase my metal rings :)

That's it.  Now you've made a great looking project for almost free!  You can keep it or gift it.



Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

1 comment:

Jennifer Davey said...

LOVE IT! Great project.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close