Wednesday, September 7


 This is my dress transformation after using bottlecaps, string and Tulip One Step Dye! I love how the colors are super vibrant!

This is  dress I wore to my high school graduation party. That feels like ages ago. I wanted to give it a makeover, so I went for dye! 
 I used purple, teal and navy blue. I didn't want to do the usual tie method so I experimented with bottlecaps!

 Here is my dress, bottlecaps, string and scissors.

 I dampened the dress and slipped a bottlecap under the fabric and tied it tightly around the base with string. I did this all over the front of the dress. If I ever do this project again, I'll know to tie the string REALLY tight so that more of the white comes through!

 I tied the top of the dress up too.

 Here is where I added the dye. I used all three colors around the bottlecaps and on the top of the dress. Wrap it up in a plastic garbage bag and let it sit overnight. In the morning, take it out and wash in cold water in your machine.

 Finished design! Isn't it pretty? I don't think the photo does it justice!

 Here it is on the mannequin. I could hardly wait to try it on!
Outtake of me complaining to my mom about her early morning phototaking skills. At least the dress looks cool!

- 100% cotton works best.
- Dampen your fabric first.
- Tie the string around the bottlecaps really tight.
- Use a plastic tablecloth to cover your work area and use gloves.

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!


Vikki said...

So pretty....I can't wait to try this. Gotta start saving those bottlecaps!

Normies said...

I like! Very crafty!

jEaN said...

Interesting process and a great outcome!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...