Tuesday, September 20

no sew whale pillow

IMG_0415
So while we are ready and prepared for the arrival of our new addition (at least with the necessities) I have now been taking a little time here and there to craft a few more things for her room. I mentioned last week in this post that the colors are blues and greens and the theme for her room is the ocean (of course). I've been adding just a few pops of the theme here and there and I decided I wanted just one ocean pillow to add to the cozy couch/bed in her room- and it had to be a whale pillow :)


IMG_0389
I started by sketching out different whimsical whales for practice and I liked them so much that I decided that to use both.


IMG_0393
Next I lightly drew a larger version of each whale on a scrap piece of light weight raw canvas


IMG_0395
and using Tulip Soft Fabric Paint I painted the whales with color and just a little bit of shading.


IMG_0396
IMG_0397
IMG_0398
IMG_0399
Last, I added a some detail lines with black fabric paint


IMG_0400
and then cut them out.
IMG_0454
So even though I have a new book all about sewing, there are times when even I don't feel like sewing or times when I want something a little quicker. This was one of those time and I grabbed a bottle of Aleene's Fabric Fusion fabric glue.


IMG_0391
I actually already had a brand new pillow that I purchased for the great graphic fabric design that I had set aside to be the backdrop for this project a while back- you could certainly whip up a handmade pillow but again, I was looking to cut a few corners in this project (I'm really busy right now!!)


IMG_0402
I used the fabric glue and a paint brush and spread the glue generously on the back of each whale and then applied to the surface of the pillow and let dry.


IMG_0409
And voila! I have the perfect accent pillow to add to the cozy couch.


c
alisa-burke



Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!

5 comments:

Hel Stone said...

Right on this page you may learn everything about imei tracker. Take a look!

Helena Ferrante said...

Whales are one of my favorite animals! Amazing work ♥ in you need to check someone phone additional info, I can suggest an app from mspy.com - that's one of the most efficient tools for remote monitoring that I've tried.

Unknown said...

More you need to learn aboutcell phone monitor

Unknown said...

Take a peek on this article

ghada said...

شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام

شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش بينبع

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close