Tuesday, November 15

chunky shimmer bangles

IMG_1400
I love accessories and I am always looking for new ways to create my own bling.


IMG_1363
Recently I decided to use Tulips Fashion Glitter Shimmer Paint to create some chunky shimmer bangles.

The shimmer paint is a really cool product because its all glitter but no mess!! Great for transforming fabric into something a little fancy.


IMG_1365
I used gold shimmer paint


IMG_1125
and painted a nice thick layer onto the surface of scrap fabric.


IMG_1366
I wanted a little bit of texture so I used a stamp and some copper acrylic paint and stamped into the wet surface of the fabric.


IMG_1369
The result is a very subtle imprint of the stamps that adds a little texture to the surface.


IMG_1364
Now, for the next step your could use wooden bangles, plastic bangles or really anything that will fit around your wrist but I like to use craft foam because it is a little stretchy and very light to create a big chunky bangle.

I used craft foam pencil holders- they can be found at just about any craft store in the kids aisle near the craft foam.

IMG_1127
I cut sections of the foam to create the bangle.

IMG_1372

IMG_1378
After my shimmer fabric was dry I cut out strips


IMG_1381
and using hot glue I wrapped and glued them to the craft foam bangle.


IMG_1382

IMG_1377
Once the entire bangle was wrapped I could't resist adding some little details and embellishments with Tulip Beads in a Bottle.


IMG_1384
The result is chunky and funky bangles!


IMG_1397
IMG_0212
alisa-burke

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!
Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close