Summer is just about here, which means we'll be (hopefully) hitting the beach, pool, sprinkler...um, watering hose...When that time comes, let your towel show your colorful enthusiasm! I used the Tulip One-Step Tie Dye Kit to draw on white towels and check out the effect! I call them my Rainbow Graffiti Beach Towels! Here's a video I made with the complete instructions!
Tulip One-Step Tie Dye Kit, five-pack
White cotton towels
Grids to place under the towel so the dye doesn't spread underneath
1. Wash the towels in the machine. Take them out while they are damp.
2. Set up the tablecover and place the grids on top.
3. Place the towel on top and smooth out any wrinkles.
4. Mix the dyes according to package directions.
5. If you want, sketch out your design first,or just free style. Draw on the towel using the filled bottles.
6. Let set for six hours, cover with plastic.
7. Wash in cold water. Tumble dry.
8. Enjoy your summer!
What would you doodle on yours???