Wednesday, November 13

Neon Swirl Glitter Ornaments

Neon is everywhere you look these days, so I thought, "Why not ornaments too?"  Everyone who I've showed these ornaments too fall in love with them!  They are just so bright and funky.  Here's how you can make your own set to share with your friends and family!

What you need:
–Round glass ornaments (clear)
– Paper Towels
 Squeeze a little bit of Collage Pauge in your ornament and add a teaspoon of water inside.  Move it around to coat the inside of the ornament.
Pour out the contents of ornament totally out and shake. Clean off the outside of the ornament if you need to!
Pour the neon color of your choice into the bottom of the ornament.
Move the color around just on the bottom third of the ornament.
 Now add in another color and move it around the middle of the ornament.
As you can see, the color doesn't take over the blue glitter portion, it just blends into it.  Repeat the process for your final color and put your cap back on!

These ornaments turned out so fun and will get oohs and ahhs from your friends, because there's not a lot of neon ornaments out there right now.

Add them to some simple giftwrap or butcher paper for a fun accent.  You can also make a whole bunch and display them in a bowl!

Check out our other great holiday ornament DIYs!


Sue Marrazzo said...


Randi@SowderingAbout said...

Adding this to our "todo" list this year :)
Thanks for the idea, I think my daughter will love doing these.
I would love it if you linked up with our link up party this week!

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured this project in my roundup of glass ornament crafts here too. : )
-Mel the Crafty Scientist

T Cook said...

I was just wondering, can you use the plastic clear ornaments?? My 5 yr old granddaughter loves making different ornaments but I buy the clear plastic ones because of her age.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...