Thursday, December 26

Valentine's Day Pet Bowls

 I can't believe it's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day already! I'm excited, though, because this year I get to combine my love for my two favorite things....ceramics and my fur children.
 I have been known to describe myself as 'aspiring to be the crazy cat lady, but with dogs too'. I'm a sucker for an animal in need, and as a result I am the proud pet parent of three rather large pit bulls and four cats. In my defense, I didn't go looking for any of them. They all somehow found me! 
Although they are a ton of work and their vet bills tend to be a drain on my wallet, I wouldn't trade them for the world. The other day, while I was waiting for an appointment at the vet with Miss Kitty, I was having a text conversation with a friend of mine who keeps trying to convince me that I'm insane for spending so much money on my pets. I happen to think it's money well spent. I told him that I feel more guilty spending $5 at Starbucks than I do spending $500 at the vet. You really can't put a price on unconditional love. Plus, each one of them makes me smile and laugh every single day which is also priceless. They rescued me as much as I rescued them. 
 As if most everything I do doesn't already prove my love for my precious 'fleabags' (a term of endearment I regularly use), I decided that this year I prove it even more by making them all new food bowls for Valentine's Day. I used Duncan® Oh Four® Bisque, Cover Coats® , French Dimensions™ and Pure Brilliance® to create these. I love Cover Coats® because the colors are so vibrant and opaque, and you can paint one color over another similar to how you would use acrylic paint on a canvas. I use them all the time in my work and they are my underglaze of choice.

I hope you enjoyed this project! If you'd like to read more about the fleabags or see more of my ceramic creations, you can visit The Peculiar Palette, my personal blog.

See you next time!


murree said... for happy valentine's day quotes.

happy valentine's day said...

With Valentine's Day coming up tomorrow, we couln't wait to share this lovely bit of beautiful Valentine's Day inspiration, sent to us by our friend and talented photographer, Katy Cook.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...