Thursday, January 23

Button Tufted Headboard Makeover



Ok this time I’m serious. No really. I mean it. It’s time to get started on those resolutions. I have 768 of them, but one of my goals for the year is to do one home improvement thing per month. I have lot’s of projects waiting to be painted, re-upholstered, sanded, revamped and in today’s case re-tufted. I decided to start the year off with a bang and a big project so I am revamping my headboard.

I must admit I was inspired by the Erin bed and sofa from World Market. Man I love that store. However, when my mother found a beautiful linen camel back headboard at Tuesday Morning I knew I could make this puppy my own in a jiffy. I toyed with the idea of painting the whole thing, but in the end decided to go the covered button route. My thumbs hurt from pushing all those little buttons into the button maker, but it was worth it. Finally the master bedroom is on the way to fabulous.

Lucky for me I am a fabric hoarder. I don’t like to sew, but I can cover a button and applique like nobody’s business. I actually attacked an innocent vintage muu-muu for this project. The bright 60’s neon pinks against the prissy tan headboard was a marriage made in crafty heaven.

5 packs of Dritz Craft Cover Button Kits size 1 1/8”s were used. That’s 50 buttons people. Ya, did I mention my thumb hurt? Anyway, the button cover kits come with everything you need. Lucky for me there were even shankless button backs to cut down on my workload. All that was left to do was cut, pop and watch Bravo.

When I had a pile of buttons I took my headboard and placed it on my coffee table. I wanted my glue to be able to sit for as long as possible before I put the headboard back on my bed.

A few of my buttons did have shanks. Nothing a pair of pliers can't fix.

Oh Tacky Glue, is there anything that you can’t hold tight? Even my toddler has tried to pull these buttons and he can’t. I applied a big gob on the backs of buttons and let them dry completely.

All that was left to do was put my new and improved headboard back in place. I do love pink and tan.

My sister Hope Perkins was kind enough to give me a couple of pieces of her art that were done on vintage muu-muus. I thought the more Hawaii the better.

This room is still a work in progress, but I feel like with my headboard I'm one step closer to finished.


Anonymous said...

Wow, your quilt on the bed reminds me of many polyester quilts our church ladies group made to give to those in need - burned out, new home, etc. Only we tied ours with yarn at different spots on the quilt. I would even say some of the fabric looks familiar! lol

Unknown said...

I am happy with your article, Fajartoto think your website is pretty good. Many articles are very useful for everyone. I am sure your website will grow in the future. Fajartoto will always support your website, hopefully more advanced. keep the spirit... thanks

agen togel terpercaya
togel online
bandar togel terpercaya
situs togel online
bandar togel terbaik
judi roulette online
situs togel terbesar
bocoran togel sgp
live draw hk

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...