Wednesday, July 9

Beaded Fringe Tie-Dye Shirt

Beaded fringe shirts are such a classic. They can be awesome if done right! But they can also be flat out weird. Today I am going to share with you how I made my beaded fringe tie dye shirt that's pretty classy, if I do say so myself. 

Here is what you will need:
a white tank top 
rubber band 
pony beads
Step One: Gather the shirt and add the rubber band about half way up. Wet the part below the rubber band and scrunch the fabric up. 
Step Two: Squirt it with the dye! Don't over saturate it. It is best to do this on a cooking rack and outside. Flip it over and add dye to the back side as well. 

Step Three: Cut up about 5 inches to create fringe. Make your cuts about half an inch apart. 
Step Four: Add beads to the fringe. I added 4 beads to each and created a pattern. You can add as many as you would like. 

Step Five: Knot it. Knot each strand of fringe below the beads so that they don't come loose.
 Head over to our TIE DYE YOUR SUMMER site for even more inspiration, how-to's, and fun videos to get you mega-inspired for some DIY summer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...