Thursday, June 11

DIY Swim Suit Cover-Up from a T-Shirt


My daughter is on swim team. That being said, we have a lot of swim team T-shirts lying around. Enough that she could wear a new one each day. I decided to give one of them the swim suit cover-up treatment.

SUPPLIES
– T-shirt
– Tulip Dye
– Tulip Glitter
– Scissors
Follow the instructions on your package of dye for preparing your T-shirt.
I just wanted to dye the bottom half of my T-shirt. Once your dye has sat for several hours, rinse and dry.
The next thing I did was cut the bottom half of my shirt into strips. Once all the strips were cut I gently tugged on the strips to make the material curl. I also opted to cut the sleeves out to make the cover up a tank top. At this point it is perfect as is or you can go in and add dimensional polka dots like I did.
Glitter is always a good idea too. After the blue dots had dried I added the white dots and while the paint was still wet I sprinkled them with silver Tulip Glitter. Shake off excess and allow to dry.
Now that is what I call team spirit!
Check out more DIY project's from Jen at www.jenniferperkins.com

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Shirt Agency offers custom screen printing and embroidery on t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts and accessories.Shirt Agency works to make any format of artwork looks its absolute best. Whether your artwork is still a hand drawn concept or a finished vector we have a team of people ready to help you make your print look perfect. Feel free to call us to discuss your design needs. shirt maker

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close