Saturday, June 27

Pretty Patriotic Pinwheel with Aleene's Instant Tacky

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!
Turn plain scrapbooking paper into double-sided paper, quickly and easily with Aleene's Instant Tacky. You can create any custom color and pattern combination you want with this papercrafting technique. Then take your one-of-a-kind paper and turn it into a cute Patriotic Pinwheel using supplies you can find at the dollar store. Come get crafty with me!

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!


Supplies needed:
2 pieces of square scrapbooking paper (8x8")
Aleene's Instant Tacky Sheets (Microdots)
Aleene's Instant Tacky Dots
A button or pom-pom
Pencil
T-pins or straight pins
Scissors

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

Step one:
Place Aleene's Instant Tacky Sheets (microdots) onto the back of one sheet of 8x8" scrapbooking paper and remove the protective sheet to reveal the adhesive.

Carefully place the 2nd scrapbooking paper sheet onto the sticky side of the first paper, matching up all corners as accurately as possible.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

Step two:
Fold the double-sided paper into half, diagonally. Then open it up, and fold it in half on the other diagonal. You should see an X across your paper.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

Step three:
Using the diagonal lines as a guide, cut slits in the diagonals of the paper, stopping about 1" short of the center of the paper.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

Step four:

Poke the T-pin in the center of the paper to create a guideline hole. Take the pin out.

Step five:

Grab the right side of one of the slices of paper, hold it up toward the middle of the paper, curving the end toward the middle, but not folding the paper. Stick the pin through the end of the paper flap.

Repeat the process with the right sides of each section, working your way around the paper in a clock-wise motion.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!
Step six:

When you have all four sections of the pinwheel tacked onto the T-pin, stick the pin through the center hole you created, and out the back of the pinwheel. Then stick the pin into the eraser of the pencil. 

Note: try not to stick the pin all the way through the eraser like I did in this photo.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

Add a pom-pom or button to the front of the T-pin with an Aleene's Instant Tacky dot.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

You can use any paper color combinations to make these pinwheels for any occasion.

Easy Patriotic Pinwheel made with pencils & Aleene's Instant Tacky - a Dollar Store Craft!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So festive and fun!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I absolutely love pinwheels. They make me happy when I see them.

Virginia said...

Perfect decoration, and so easy to make!

Amy Anderson said...

Polka dots and stripes together . . .thumbs up here!

Mary Beth said...

I love pinwheels and these are so pretty!

malia said...

The ultimate summertime craft project! Love it. Aleene's rocks!

Anonymous said...

I am Edwin Castro from Chicago, IL, a Twitch Star and Highest Powerball mega-jackpot winner, so excited to share this testimony about Dr. Timo Spell Temple that changed my life for good, Dr. Timo has come to stay to do wonders with his spells. I overheard my co-worker telling his cousin how Dr. Timo Spell helped him to get back his partner within 24 hours . I was amazed about what he said. I searched for this man called Dr Timo online and guess what... He had so many good reviews and testimonies online about his work. I got in contact with him to win the lottery and he assured me that winning the lottery is not a problem but what do I intend doing with the winnings. I told him I was going to get a home to live send my kids to school, part of the money will be used for humanitarian purposes mostly to people in the street and helping the Orphanage/motherless Babies home, disable citizens and widows around my state also to build an opportunities for the young individuals in my local area to, when I become a winner. Dr Timo was so happy about my plans and promised me that he would prepare the spell and prayed for me for 3 days before he would tell me where to play the Lottery game. I did as he instructed me with a positive mindset. To my greatest shock, I was announced $2.04B Powerball Winner. I was shocked. I have no words to thank Dr. Timo but to share his good works to everyone that needs help. Email: timospelltemple@gmail.com him right now. He will give you the winning lottery ticket number and exact location address in your country and when to play the lottery game.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close