Thursday, July 30

Make a DIY Necklace Display That is as Unique as Your DIY Jewelry


I have a lot of necklaces. Remember Naughty Secretary Club? Ya that was me. Not only did I make a lot of necklaces, I also bought a lot. I'm still buying and still making for that matter. I decided I needed to whip myself up a necklace display that truly represented me. I don't wear black velvet like the displays at the store. I needed something to help with my pattern on pattern obsession.

SUPPLIES
– Tacky Glue
– Cardboard or foamboard
– Necklace display
Trace your necklace stand onto a piece of cardboard or foamboard. If your handy with a saw use wood or MDF. Add a head and possible bun, beehive or flip hairstyle to the top. Cut out.
Using Puffy Poster Paint decorate your cardboard. I love the raised texture this stuff has, makes for great dimension. I used a combination of my fingers and a paintbrush to apply. My daughter mentioned it had the consistency of icing and she is right. Allow your design to dry completely. I later went in with a black marker to add facial details.
At this point how you make your display functional is up to you. Feel free to cut out and glue a stand to the back of your bust. I decided to use Tacky Glue and attach my entire black velvet display to the back of my design. My jewelry tends to be chunky so I needed something substantial. Allow to dry completely.
Add a necklace. Clip a barrette on that bun. Poke some holes in the sides for earrings. I may not make jewelry for a living anymore, but I'm seriously considering going into the jewelry display making business after this fun project.
Check out more DIY project's from Jen at www.jenniferperkins.com

2 comments:

lin liyi said...

A sports logo watch is functional, fashionable and replica watches the love of your favorite sports team. The actual part of the logo sports watch that contains the digital or analog time reading can come in all shapes and sizes. After the rolex replica sale tendencies, many hublot replica watches faces are oversized and can give quite a lasting impression. Nevertheless, one should base the size of the watch face on the span of the wrist for a watch to look good. By looking online you can look for a trendy logo sports watch that will allow you to express yourself. Keep in mind that when you decide to purchase rolex replica sale you must consider quality, craftsmanship and uniqueness. Being a true sports fan, choose the one that has the Officially replica watches sale and a unique design.

kanaksoni said...

Compare Mi6 or samsung Galaxy S9, which one is best?

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close