4 oz bottle of Aleene's School Tacky Glue
6 oz of warm water
1/2 teaspoon of Borax
Drop of food coloring
You'll need a bowl and a spoon too!
1. Empty a 4 oz. bottle of Aleene's School Tacky Glue into a bowl.
2. Fill the bottle 1/3 of the way with warm water, and replace the lid onto the bottle. Shake vigorously to help get all the glue out of the bottle.
Then fill the bottle all the way up with water.
3. Add a drop of food coloring to the water in the glue bottle. Re-cap and shake to mix.
5. Slowly pour colored water into the glue in the bowl, and mix thoroughly.
6. Measure out 1/2 teaspoon of borax and put it into a small bowl.
7. Add 2 oz of water to the borax in the bowl, and mix thoroughly.
Empty the borax solution into the glue/water bowl and begin stirring immediately.
8. The mixture will begin to form into a ball. Continue stirring until the ball stops growing, then pull the mass of goop out and knead it with your hands for a minute.
9. Discard excess liquid, or add more borax/water solution.
Stretch, mix, and play with your new flubber! For more information on the science behind this cool chemical reaction, check out Steve Spangler Science.