Thursday, May 27

Plant Marker People




Sure when you buy herbs at the store they come with a little plastic stake telling you what it is - handy yes, attractive no. It's nothing a little paint and a trip to the craft store can't fix.


SUPPLIES
Liquid Fusion Glue
Wooden People Sticks
Crafty Chica Little Chica Paint Packs
Small Wooden Ovals
Crafty Chica Glossy Gloss Varnish
Paint Brushes


PAINT YOUR PEOPLE
I found my wooden people at Hobby Lobby. They were a blank wooden canvas just begging for polka dotted bikinis and lime green tank tops. I did my best Sarah Neuburger impression to give them faces.


NAME THAT HERB
Using small wooden ovals and a thin paint brush I painted the names of the herbs in my garden.


PROTECT FROM THE ELEMENTS
Using a paint brush apply two coats of Crafty Chica Glossy Gloss Varnish, allowing to dry completely between coats.


SIGNAGE
Using Liquid Fusion Glue attach the wooden oval to the hands of the person.



STICK IT IN YOUR GARDEN
All that is left to do is stick your little people in your garden so that they can tell you which herb is which.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
I stumbled across your blog while researching images for a NZ gardening magazine I'm doing. It's on DIY and I found this project on plant marker people - I love it! So clever! Do you mind if I use the image, crediting you of course, to inspire our readers? Hopefully it'll drive our readers to your blog too!
I'd love to hear back from you; we print in two weeks :-)
My email is holmes.deb@gmail.com
Thanks so much!
Debbie

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close