Friday, May 13

Featured Artist Friday with Candace Marquette


Welcome to Featured Artist Friday! For the next several weeks, we'll be spotlighting some of the iLoveToCreate family of Featured Artists! Today we are catching up with Candace Marquette, owner of Candy Purse! Candace's works of art have been displayed and sold in over 30 boutiques and galleries in North Dallas, Chelsea NY, and San Antonio.Here are some shows, magazines and newspapers her designs have featured on. Positively Texas, KTVT-TV, UPN's national television show The Daily Buzz, HGTV's "Crafters Coast to Coast" and "That's Clever". Her most recent work has been featured in "Adorn Magazine", "Altered Couture", and "Belle Armoire Jewelry". Candace has a cool crafty couture book out called "Craft Candy: Easy Projects to Stitch, Glue and Paint", which is sold via Amazon!



Describe your style.
Sophistafunk! Sophisticated yet with an artsy lux twist

What inspires you and your creative process?
I love the fact that I can see something and know how to make it.
It trips me out when I am able to bring it all into fruition.

What is one art material you absolutely cannot do without?

My hands duh! No really it's paint baby!

How do you organize your work space?
My work space is rarely organized. It is kinda nice when you can actually find the things you are looking for. On those rare occations when I DO organize, I make sure that I put all alike things together along with the tools that I use the most. Really, it all makes sense in my head. Please don't try my way at home, just do what makes you feel creative

What would you change about your work space?

I would change the fact that it happens to be in my garage.
My house is pretty large. But we have 3 small children, they have their own rooms.We also have a media room, library/game room.two living rooms and my dream kitchen(which is my space/studio work area. The spaces that I mention before are my husbands spaces. I know I know, that doesn't sound fair at all. My husband is so wonderful to me. He treats me like a queen. My needs and wants list are very time I really don't mind not having my own work room. But that will change when the kids go off to college.

Do you listen to music while you work? What do you listen to?
Yes, John Mayer, Boney James(Jazz) or Praise and Worship music, just to name
a few.

What would you tell an artist just starting out?
Never ever ever give up on your dreams or your talents. You must persevere no matter what. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't. I wrote my book "Craft Candy" while I was on bed rest with my 3rd child. It was tough but I got through it,

Thanks Candace for sharing with us your life and creativity! Here's a small sampling of Candace's fabulous work! Here's a direct link to complete instructions for the Tree of Life Purse and “Sole” Full Shoes project.


Learn more about Candace on her iLoveToCreate® Featured Artist page!

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close