Saturday, August 2

No-Sew Tie Dye Kimono

Kimonos are everywhere.
Every time I look in  a magazine I see a Kimono.
 This Kimono you can make
out of a XL men's T-shirt and some Tulip Tie-Dye .
I think I am going to use it as one of my beach cover ups.
Things you need
 XL T-shirt
Scissors
2 Studs *Optional

  Cut up the middle of your shirt 
You are going to cut out a 4 inch section in the middle
and then cut around the collar.

 Your shirt will look like the picture above.
 Cut off the hem and then cut your fringe about 4 to 5 inches long.
 Stretch out your fringe.
 Accordion fold your shirt.
On the left side of the shirt rubber band 4 sections .
Then on the right  side rubber band 5 sections,
 in between what you rubber banded on the left
 Then rubber band again each section
 until you can not rubber band any more.
 Put a rubber band in the middle of the shirt.

 Fill up your dye to the line with warm water.
 Place your shirt into a bowl.
I used the turquoise color first and then the darker blue to fill any white left.
Place it in a zip lock bag.
 Let it sit over night.
Then rinse out until the shirt rinses clean and let dry.
 I placed a stud on the seam at the shoulder
so the seams would not come apart. 
If you do not have studs, 
You could glue this or hand stitch this as well.

 I love the pattern

 Looks like a skull with a crown.
 Tie dye is a fun and easy way to create all kinds of Fun designs
 on Shirts, Shorts, Shoes the possibilities are endless
It is always a surprise when you open it up
Every one of them comes out different.
Have a wonderful Week.
Lots of love.
Anne

Here is another Kimono I did with Fringe.
Oh and did I mention it is no sew.
Click HERE to see how.
For more of my DIY head on over to my Blog 

Head over to our TIE DYE YOUR SUMMER site 
for even more inspiration, how-to's, and fun videos
 to get you mega-inspired for some DIY summer fun!

2 comments:

Sewing Chick said...

Love this idea - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

VERRRRY CUUUUTE! Thank you!!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close