Tuesday, January 12

iLoveToCreate Mod Girl Chipboard Necklace





Mod Girl Chipboard Necklace
Margot Potter for iLoveToCreate Teen Crafts
“Mom crafted, kid approved.”
Copyright 2010 Margot Potter


Yesterday I posted about my long time love affair with chipboard for jewelry making. This necklace combines a 60s vibe mixed with 80s details. I’ve used chipboard flowers painted with Tulip soft fabric paint and drizzled with Tulip dimensional fabric paint in vibrant pastels. It’s all connected into a simple bib style necklace. Just don’t wear this in the shower or the swimming pool...because it’s made of paper! Whip up some earrings to match!

Avalon is really into neon colors and 80s style, so this is right up her alley. Since I was in my twenties during the 80s, it kinda freaks me out that stuff from the 80s is vintage! Dang...how the heck did that happen?! Does that make me vintage? Egads!




Materials
5 Bazzill Basics Chipboard Hawaiin Flowers
Tulip Slick dimensional fabric paint Poppin’ Purple, Blazin’ Blue and Coral
Tulip Metallics dimensional fabric paint Yellow
Tulip Matte soft fabric paint Olive, Azalea, Turquoise
Traci Bautista’s Collage Pauge glossy
10mm SP jump rings
2 6mm SP jump rings
SP Beadalon rolo chain
SP Beadalon swivel lobster clasp

Tools
2 foam brushes
Crop-a-dile or other hole punch
2 pairs chain nose pliers

1. Paint a layer of turquoise blue fabric paint on two of your larger flowers, a layer of azalea on two larger flowers and the green on the two smaller flowers using a foam brush. Allow to dry.

2. Seal dried shapes with a layer of Collage Pauge on the front and the back. Allow to dry.


3. Drizzle dimensional paints across the shapes. I found if I started the paint and moved it over the shape I got the best results. Use the colors as you desire and add as much or as little as you like. Allow to dry.

4. Lay out the bib shape and mark areas for punched holes to connect shapes with jump rings. See picture for guide.  Punch holes.

5. Use 10mm jump rings to connect shapes. Add chain to the outer edge of each of the turquoise flowers using 10mm jump rings.

6. Attach a 6mm jump ring to the open end of each chain using two pairs of chain nose pliers.

7. Attach your lobster clasp to one end.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great idea. I think my kids would love to make one of these! Stop on by and link up at my new Thursday linkup party called Make it, Wear it!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

Akanksha said...

Superb necklace! There are a lot of considerations when you are searching for beautiful necklace... Thanks for ideas!
vintage anniversary rings

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close