Tuesday, January 19
iLoveToCreate Teen: UnValentine's Day Card
Love can rock harder than a Nine Inch Nails CD...or it can quite frankly to paraphrase a popular 80s band...stink. If you're in love, Valentine's Day is a wonderful cotton candy colored day of smoochy goodness. If you've been dumped, it's a nightmare. As a teen, I had more than my fair share of crappy Valentine's Days, and I'm sure I wasn't alone. If you've got a BFF who has been unceremoniously dumped, why not give them a Happy Un-Valentine to cheer them up a little and let them know you've got their back?
iLoveToCreate's new Fashion Graffiti line gives you all of the cool tools you need to whip up a funky card in a flash. Here's the 411:
Tulip Fashion Graffiti Chain Link Fence Stencil
Tulip Fashion Graffiti Love Stencil
Tulip Fashion Graffiti Drippy Text Stencil
Tulip Fashion Graffiti Dimensional Fabric Paint Taggers Black, White and Silver
Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint White
Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me Font (dafont.com)
Paper Cutter or Ruler and Scissors
1. Cut cardstock on a paper cutter to a 5.75"x11.5" rectangle.
2. Fold long section of paper on the center to form a card. Use a bone folder to score the card edge.
3. Place "LOVE" stencil across card from top right to bottom left. Squeeze black paint tagger on a disposable surface. Use sea sponge to dab paint on stencil. Carefully remove and allow to dry.
4. Use chain link stencil to cover entire front of card, you'll have to place it on each quadrant to get full coverage. Repeat process with sea sponge using silver paint. Allow to dry.
5. Use letters to spell "S T I N K S" with white paint and sea sponge. While still wet, add dimension and drips to the letters using a Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint in white. Allow to dry.
6. Use all three paint colors on the sea sponge to stipple around the edges of the card in layers. Allow to dry.
7. Use word processing software and the Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me font in 36pt to write:
Love may stink...
but friendship doesn't.
Print it out and cut with a paper cutter to 5.5 wide by 4" tall.
8. Place a thin layer of glue along the edges and adhere to the top center of the inside of your card. Allow to dry.
9. Spread a thin layer of glue along the edge of your cut paper and adhere to top center of inside of card.