Thursday, March 4

How to Throw a Customized Birthday Part - Part 2


Birthdays come but once a year, so why not go all out? Last week I showed you how to make cupcake toppers, party favor magnets, banners and more. This week is part 2 of our series on how to throw a customized birthday party.


If you missed last week, let me catch you up. My daughter's name is Tallulah Fawn and I decided to throw her a customized, fawn themed 1st birthday party. Some people might say I went a little overkill, I say it's just right.



Literally from her head to her toes we kept up the fawn theme. Thank God for Grandma Perkins. She whipped Tallulah up the outfit of my dreams. Including a fawn in a party hat headband. The tulle was stitched to the headband and a wee little party hat for the crown was made. After that the tiny pom poms were glued to the gold lame party hat with Liquid Fusion Glue and then the fawn was glued to the headband.


Various deer vignettes were sprinkled throughout the house to keep things festive and in theme.



I decided one banner was better than two. Who knew you could buy paper already cut into the perfect size for making a chain banner in the scrapbook section of your local craft store? All that was left to do was to use my handy dandy Aleene's Glue Stick and some clothes pins to make the rainbow chain.



Ok so maybe it was more like 3 banners are better than 1.



The whole party production was a family affair. Not only did my sister Hope draw the amazing deer and gnome window decorations I showed you last week, she also was kind enough to loan us a piece of glittery taxidermy to welcome our party guests with.



I have taken a picture of Tallulah in the same chair every Sunday since she was born. Well not the first Sunday because I did not have the idea yet, but 51 out of 52 weeks is not too shabby. Anywhoo I hung all the pictures where the party guests could take a gander at Tallulah through her first year.



I'm now toying with the idea of doing a scrapbook with the pictures. I wish I had taken little notes of her weekly activities to add to this imaginary scrapbook.



Grandma Perkins to the rescue again. I had bitten off more fawnage than I could chew, so my mother stepped in to whip up a cupcake stand. Using cake rounds, scrapbooking paper, decorative scalloped edge trim and some Aleene's Glues she came up with something amazing. She even incorporated in Tallulah's birthday logo.



The cupcake stand matched the custom cupcake toppers I made perfectly!



Speaking of my mother and the birthday logo. Did you happen to notice in the pictures of Tallulah that she has a patch of her logo on her dress? Oh ya mom and her fancy embroidery machine made some serious magic happen.



Mmmm deer lollipop anyone? Not only did I use this adorable deer mold to make soap to put in all the goodie bags I also used it make fawn pops.



Plain goodie bags were spiced up with the birthday logo. All I had to do was print them, cut them and glue them to the bags with Aleene's Tacky Glue Stick. I filled them with Fun with Maisy: A Sticker Book (her best friend is a chicken named Tallulah), vintage Bambi (Little Golden Book)that my mother and I found at various Half Price Book Stores, fawn soap and bibs.



Did you really think they were plain bibs? I used a stencil from Stencil 101: Make Your Mark with 25 Reusable Stencils and Step-by-Step Instructions and Tulip Soft Fabric paint to put a fawn on each bib for all the wee attendees.



I had to keep one for the birthday girl, duh.



Between the cupcakes, fawn pops and cookie I should have put toothbrushes in the goodie bags. I sent the birthday logo to a local bakery who had a magical printer with edible ink that printed on sheets of fondant. All that was left for me to do (well actually my husband) was to bake and ice the cookies and stick the fondant logos on top.



So there you have it. I left no fawn stone unturned. Is it scary that I am already thinking of ideas for birthday number 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close