Monday, March 15

Make your own DIY Glitter Shoes!


Not in Kansas Glitter Pumps
Designed by Allee Marderosian

Materials:

Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
Tulip® Glitter Bond™
– Paintbrush or make-up sponge
– Paper towels
– Shoes
– Plastic Tablecloth
– Foil

Instructions:
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.

1. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Set shoes on prepared surface.
2. Squeeze out Glitter bond onto foil. Using paintbrush or make-up sponge apply glue to shoes.
3. Once desired areas are covered, immediately cover with Fashion Glitter.
Optional: Use glitter bond and paint over glittered areas to seal.

Tip:
Lay paper towel down underneath shoes while applying glitter, shake excess glitter onto paper towel then back into glitter bottle.
Let shoes dry completely.

Note: We used these glitter shoes for display, so that’s why you see the glitter on the inside of the shoes too! We don’t recommend this for wearing, but they would make a fun wall motif like shown or accents and art to make your space super girly and fun!

23 comments:

Hello there! My name is June said...

I love them!!! Will have to glitter up a pair of mary janes for my babygirl!

:o)

Anonymous said...

Glitter me happy! I love the blue ones. They look like sparkly icicles for your feet!

Unknown said...

yes! please! i once sequined a pair of shoes... ruby slippers i might add, but this looks 357% easier!!! and still really fun!
xoxo
jul

ashley @ little miss momma said...

I featured this totally awesome project on Little Miss Momma:

http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com/2010/05/11-tutorials-i-love-and-you-will-too.html

Happy Crafting!

ashley

Laci Jo said...

These are AWESOME! gonna have to get to the thrift store and find me some shoes to revamp! thanks for the great ideas!

Laci

http://zigzagsthisandthats.blogspot.com/

The Preppy Strawberry said...

New follower and I"m so excited I saw this tutorial!!! I need to repair my 4yrs old glitter shoes that my daughter has worn out! Thanks for sharing the the tip about Tulip Fashion Glitter! Looks what I know I'll be buying up this week! Thanks!!

I grabbed your button to ;)

http://thingamajigetc.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

I just made some black and green glitter shoes. I can't wait to wear these. Thanks for the idea and tips and tricks!!
xoxo
E

alex said...

Great ideas. you are very creative. keep it up


Houston SEO

jack45 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MS. DIY said...

Is there a specific shoe material that is best for glittering?

mandela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zinx said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i used glitter bond to seal the glitter but it just got muddy and dull :(
any tips to keep it from getting this way?

johnwhite said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Petersen said...

This is such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Visit my site for Top Austin Towing website said...

Those shoes are pretty. I want to have a glitter shoes now.

fzillion casual said...

What shoes to wear with a long sparkly gold dress?
This is one of the most wonderful blog, this is work is tremendous. Thanks
red glitter pumps

Get Best Info for Olympia Landscaping information said...

I’m so in love with this idea! I’m going to get some cheap vintage shoes and try it on them :)

Matt Haris said...

The shoes look incredible beautiful by the usage of those colorful glitters.

Dark Gold Metallic Glitter
Green Bronze Metallic Glitter

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close