Wednesday, September 15

Maya in the Moment Teen Craft: Rainbow Graffiti Pillowcase


My bedroom needs a serious makeover. Starting with my bed. You know those scenes in the movies where the tormented teenager girl falls on her bed and hugs her pillow? I need one of those in my life!
Bootsie approved.

I have a big body pillow, but it's boring and plain. I got a pillowcase to decorate for it. I didn't know how it would turn out so I practiced on a smaller pillowcase from my parents bed. I'm glad I practiced because it helped me figure out how I wanted to make the bigger pillow.
Ozzy approved, too.

I used:
1 pillowcase
Tulip Fabric Spray in bright colors
Tulip Fashion Graffiti Stencils
Tulip Big Phat Black Marker
Tulip Glitter Spray

Lay down the pillowcase on a flat surface and slide a piece of cardboard in the middle. Smooth it flat with your hands and set down the stencils all over the pillowcase. If it's easier, you can tape down the corners of the pillowcase.
Take turns spraying different colors of the fabric spray all over. Use long strokes as you spray. I used two or three colors on each stencil because I wanted it to look like a graffiti rainbow!
Here's what it looks like with the three colors! Isn't it cool?
My mom came in the room and suggested I add some black accents with the marker.
I added black accents around each of the stenciled areas.
This is what it looked like when I finished. You have to let it dry for FIVE hours and then you can wash it in cold water in the washing machine and dry it. That way it will be super soft when you cuddle it!


Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close