I just think the bat wings on this bag are SO clever! And Cheryl Ball did her magic with 3-D paints to add the spots, face, BOO! You know, if you add 3-D paint that glows in the dark, it will be perfect for a dusky treat-or-treat trek.
– Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
– Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™ Value Packs and Sets
10 pack Glo
– Cardboard to fit inside shirt
– Black stiff felt
– White chalk – sharpened to a point
– Paper towels
– Black tote bag
– Sewing pin
– Patterns (click here for pattern)
1. Insert cardboard into tote.
2. Cut out wing pattern, place on black felt, lightly trace around with chalk, tracing two, then cut out.
3. Start flow of paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Place wings on work surface, making sure they are mirror image. Outline each wing with Gray Glow Paint. Let dry.
4. Loosely cut apart face, legs and word from pattern sheet. Flip over patterns then tape to window; this will allow you to see design through paper. Use chalk to lightly trace along design lines. Position “BOO”, chalk side down on tote where shown then press in place. Hold with hand so it won’t shift then run a finger over lines to transfer pattern to fabric. Remove pattern. Position face and feet in place then transfer designs.
5. Fill in areas with a thick application of Glow Paint – the paint will flatten as it dries. Add different size dots to sides of bag as shown. Use pin to pop any bubble that may form. Let dry.
6. Add Fast Grab Glue to back of wings in about 1” from each side then press in place. Let dry.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!