Thursday, October 7
31 Days of DIY Halloween – Love Hurts Vampire T-shirt
This is my all-time favorite Halloween shirt! Cheryl Ball made it after we brainstormed how to use the technique where you paint one half of the design and then fold the shirt in half. When you unfold it you’ll see PERFECT LIPS! It really IS fabulous and fun to do, and you’ll make all the other girls jealous at the party when you show up in this glittery shirt. Love hurts.
– Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
Deep Red Slick
– Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
Red Fine Jewel
Silver Fine Jewel
– Black t-shirt
– Pink chalk sharpened to point
– Freezer paper
– Stiff brush
– Paper towels
– Scratch paper
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Wash shirt without softener to remove sizing. Dry in dryer then iron smooth.
2. Cut a piece of freezer paper to fit inside shirt then insert to shirt. Fold shirt in half lengthwise pressing fingers along fold for stiff crease then open shirt.
3. Cut out lip design from pattern sheet. Line up edge along fold on shirt then use chalk to lightly trace around pattern. Remove pattern.
4. Start Flow of Deep Red 3D paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Starting at upper lip next to fold, squeeze a continuous line of paint within area in a back and forth motion squeezing up and down following the couture of lips. To create ink blot effect, immediately fold shirt over along fold line lining up sides of shirt. Use fingertips to press over paint making sure to work right up and over fold. Open shirt to reveal design.
5. Immediately sprinkle Red Glitter over wet paint. Wait a few minutes, and then carefully pounce off excess glitter onto scratch paper. This glitter can be put back in bottle and re-used.
6. Use chalk to lightly draw teeth where shown then fill in with White Slick.
7. Use White Slick to add drops from lips if desired then sprinkle with Silver Glitter. Let paint thoroughly dry – thicker paint may take a little longer.
8. Pounce excess glitter onto scratch paper then lightly brush with hand to remove excess.
9. Wait 72 hours to wash. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry. To iron, turn garment inside out, being careful not to touch design with iron. Do not dry-clean.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!