When I designed this spooky umbrella with Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™, I thought it would be fun for mommy or daddy to hold when walking the kids around the block. The kids will know exactly where you are! Oh, and wouldn't it be fun to hang several from the ceiling to decorate your Halloween party?
– Tulip® Glam-It Up!™ PDA: Personal Dazzle Assistance™
– Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
BI15790 Crimson Red
– Paintbrushes – Liner, Round
– Umbrella – black
– White chalk pencil
– Small round sponge
– Water dish
–Pattern (click here for pattern)
1. Set umbrella in “open” position. Referring to photo as a guide, use chalk pencil to lightly sketch cobweb lines all around umbrella.
2. Print out spider pattern and flip over to backside. Trace design with chalk pencil then flip back over and place chalk side down onto umbrella. Run hands over paper to transfer spider design in chalk onto umbrella.
3. Squeeze puddles of each color of Soft Fabric Paint onto a piece of foil. Using Liner brush, paint Lime over cobweb design. Note: two coats may be needed for optimum brightness. Let dry between coats.
4. Using the Round brush, apply two coats of Grape to spider. Let dry between coats.
5. Sketch hourglass shape onto spider with chalk pencil, then apply two coats of Crimson Red to hourglass and “button” at top of umbrella, letting dry between coats.
6. Allow all paint to thoroughly dry, then wipe away any remaining chalk with damp sponge.
7. Peel crystals from backing and stick onto eyes of spider and all cross-sections of cobweb.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!