Sunday, October 10
31 Days of DIY Halloween – Spooky Wreath
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!
Have you decorated your door for Halloween yet? I spotted these black feather wreaths at the craft store and went crazy! Then I knew I had to use our sparkly spooky iron-on designs to decorate treat bags for it. It seriously only took me about an hour to complete the project, and it looks great to greet my guests!
– Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
– Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Fashion Designs™
Cat in Moon
– Pinking scissors
– Purple craft felt square
– Optional: Sewing machine and black thread
– Corsage pins
– (1) Yard 5/8” Halloween ribbon
– Green craft felt square
– Thin cloth
– (2) Yards orange/black 1” ribbon
– Black feather wreath
– (2) Orange craft felt squares
1. Cut one purple, one green and two orange felt pieces into 5 ”x10” rectangles.
2. Preheat dry iron to wool setting. Fold pieces in half and iron.
3. Peel paper backing from design.
4. Position design on bottom of folded edge of felt, plastic side up. Cover with thin cloth.
5. Press and hold iron over design for 30 seconds. Let cool.
6. Carefully remove plastic.
7. Turn felt over. Place iron on back of felt for 15-20 seconds.
8. Glue sides of bags together with Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
9. Optional: Using sewing machine to sew decorative stitches on sides of bags.
10. Fill bags with candy and tie tops with 5/8” ribbon.
11. Attach to wreath with corsage pins.
12. Make large loopy bow with 1” orange/black ribbon to hang wreath.