A shiny new year deserves a glittery greeting and there’s no better way to celebrate than with a shiny new tee you made yourself! Tulip® Fashion Glitter™ and Tulip® Fabric Spray Paint help you look just as shimmery and glamorous as the famous Times Square ball!
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
23540 Gold Fine Primary
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Glitter Spray Paint
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter Bond™
- Wedge cosmetic sponge
- Permanent felt pen
- T-shirt – black
- Paintbrush – small flat
- Paper towels
- Scratch paper
- Freezer paper
- Self-adhesive shelf paper
Instructions1. Wash shirt without fabric softener, dry in dryer then iron smooth.
2. Cut and lay a piece of freezer paper the length of shirt onto shirt. Use a pencil to draw wavy design down shirt referring to photo. To create stencil, carefully cut out inside design leaving outside areas intact.
3. Position paper, shiny side down on shirt. Using medium setting on iron, iron paper in place.
4. Cover work surface with newspaper and lay shirt in center. Cover remainder of shirt with paper towels.
5. Test Glistening Gold fabric spray paint on paper towel. Spray an even coating within stencil. Let dry – a blow dryer will speed this step. Add another coat of spray for more intense glitter. Carefully peel off paper stencil and let dry.
6. Enlarge patterns to desired size. Place a piece of shelf paper, shiny side up over design then use felt pen to trace pattern. Cut out centers of design to create stencil.
7. Peel paper backing from design and position in place. Run fingernail along inside cut edges to prevent seepage.
8. Squeeze a puddle of Glitter Bond onto foil. Dip flat end of wedge sponge into glue then swipe within stencil applying an even coating. Working in a section at a time, fill with Glitter Bond and immediately pour Gold Glitter over glue. Shake off excess glitter onto scratch paper to be reused. Repeat step, adding glitter to all sections. Carefully peel off stencils. Let dry.
9. To create confetti, use small flat brush to paint short lines of Glitter Bond on sprayed glitter paint design. Sprinkle on Green Glitter, shake off then repeat step with Blue, Purple and Red.
Miscellaneous NotesPress edges of shelf paper stencil firmly to avoid seepage. Use fingers to press glitter into adhesive.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!