|Inspiration for the necklace design! Here is Angelina, wearing the original neck collar in the film, The Tourist.|
Jeweled Neck CollarDesigned by Kathy Cano-Murillo
In the psychological thriller, The Tourist, Angelina Jolie plays a mysterious English vixen that enters the life of an American tourist (Johnny Depp). But she’s not there to help him read a map or find the nearest diner. Instead she is bent on using him to help her get revenge on a former flame. There is one pivotal scene where Angelina dazzles the dance floor while wearing a gorgeous diamond-encrusted neck collar. It’s as brilliant as the plot twists in the flick. Here is a crafty DIY version of that stunning necklace!
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
23550 Silver Fine Jewel
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
23123 300 Clear Pack
- White felt (stiff sheet)
- Craft Knife
- Market or pencil
- ¾ inch circle as a pattern.
- Needle nose pliers
- 1-inch round circle as a pattern
- Lobster clasp, jump rings
- Use the circles to draw the collar shape on the felt. Overlap them just a bit.
- Use the craft knife to cut out desired areas.
- On three of the circles (every other one), add Dimensional Paint around the edges and use the tweezers to pick up small crystals and drop them on the paint. Let dry.
- Use Dimensional Paint on the remaining circles to add a line and larger crystals around edges.
- Coat the “x”s with the paint and pour glitter over wet paint. Let dry.
- Use pliers to add chain and jump rings to each end, add lobster clasp.
FREE SHIPPING through December 13, 2010. Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!