Get personal without getting expensive! These personalized Faux Etched Mirror Ornaments make for merry gifts and home décor; all you need are ribbons, stickers and Aleene’s® Fast Grab Tacky Glue® and Spray Acrylic Sealer™.
- Aleene's® Spray Acrylic Sealer™
- Aleene's® Fast Grab™ Tacky Glue
- Mirrors, 1 package – 1” round
- Craft knife
- Metal key ring (optional)
- Ribbon, 1” wide, desired color; smaller width – complementary color
- Alphabet stickers
Instructions1. Choose word to spell out on ornament, then select two of each lettered stickers needed to spell word and stick onto mirrors.
2. In a well-ventilated area, lay newspaper down on work surface. Lay mirrors with letters on work surface and spray five to 10 thin coats of Acrylic Spray Sealer over letters until desired look is achieved. Let dry overnight then carefully remove stickers by lifting with craft knife blade.
3. Line up letters vertically with desired spacing to measure how much ribbon you will need. Cut ribbon to be twice the length of word, plus an additional 12”. Cut thinner complementary ribbon to the same length.
4. Add a few dots of Fast Grab Tacky Glue between ribbons to lightly tack ribbons together. Let dry. Fold in half and tie a knot approximately 1½” from the fold. (Or fold through a metal key ring if desired.)
5. Use Fast Grab Tacky Glue to glue the letters onto the ribbon below the knot. When dry turn over and repeat on the other side. Note: Make sure your ribbon is lined up straight before gluing letters down.
6. Cut a length of matching ribbon to tie a bow around knot.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!