Go retro this Christmas with a blast from the holly jolly cinema past! Capture the magic of everyone’s favorite reindeer tale on this hostess apron with Tulip® Fashion Glitter® and Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™.
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
23550 Silver Fine Jewel 23551 Pink Jewel 23555 Apple Red Jewel 23559 Emerald Fine Jewel
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter Bond™
- Self-adhesive shelf paper
- Low-tack masking tape
- Permanent felt pen
- Stiff brush
- Sewing pins
- Scratch paper
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Grosgrain ribbon – 1½” wide fuchsia – 3 yards
- (2) XL T-shirts – white and red
- Measuring tape
Instructions1. Use scissors to cut across red and white shirts, just under sleeves.
2. Cut red shirt along one side seam, determine width of apron then cut off excess. Cut white shirt on side seam, measure and cut to fit on front as shown.
3. Use sewing machine to sew along side seams on both pieces. Layer pieces together and pin along top edge to secure.
4. Cut a two-yard length from ribbon then cut another piece 17” long.
5. Find center of long ribbon and place a pin. Find center of apron then pin ribbon in place. Measure out 8” from each side a place a pin. Equally pleat and pin top edge of apron to fit within pins. Center shorter section of ribbon to backside of apron, fold ends of shorter ribbon under at back then pin in place, sandwiching apron between ribbon strands. Sew along edges of ribbon on all four sides, creating waistband with long ties.
6. To create stencil, place a piece of shelf paper slightly larger than design shiny side up over pattern, then use felt pen to trace over design. Carefully cut out inside of designs, leaving edges intact.
7. Place apron flat on work surface and slip scratch paper under white fabric. Carefully remove paper backing from deer stencil then press into place where shown. Run a fingernail along inside cut edges to prevent paint seepage.
8. Squeeze a puddle of Glitter Bond onto foil. Use flat end of wedge sponge to apply an even coating within stencil. Immediately pour Apple Red Glitter over glue then use fingers to lightly press glitter into glue. Let sit for about a minute then lift apron and pour excess glitter onto scratch paper to be reused. Carefully peel off stencil. Let dry.
9. Cut out tree stencil, press in place where shown then add Green glitter. Pounce off excess and remove stencil.
10. Use sponge to pounce glue under trees and around deer as shown. Sprinkle on Silver Glitter then shake off excess.
11. Use masking tape to tape off a 1” strip along lower edge on red apron. Working in short sections at a time, pounce on glue then add Pink Glitter. Complete strip then pounce off excess glitter and remove tape. Let dry.
12. Start flow of White Slick 3D Fashion Paint on paper towel, using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Create several snowflakes where shown then sprinkle on Red and Pink glitter. Let thoroughly dry then pounce off excess. After everything is thoroughly dry use a stiff brush to brush off all excess glitter.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!